Okan University Hospital Cardiology Department serves at all hours of the day and night with its professional team. At our hospital, advanced systems with cutting-edge technology are utilized with the purpose of diagnosis and treatment of cardiac patients. Patients at the inpatient services are treated with a house comfort and coziness by taking their personal sensitivities into account and they are taken care of and followed accordingly.
Our cardiology department team that is aware of the significance of cardiac diseases prepare supportive programs aiming at healthy nutrition, avoiding bad habits and increasing the physical performance for people that are not patients yet with the purpose of primary protection and for patients with the purpose of secondary protection. All possible tests can be carried out in our laboratory for cardiac patients. The cardiology department provides personal treatment and long term follow-up programs for hypertension, diabetes, obesity and fast metabolism problems, which are common among the general population.
Services Provided at the Cardiology Department:
- Electrocardiography (ECG)
- Holter Follow-Up (24 Hour ECG Registration)
- Echocardiography (Transthoracic and Tracheoesophageal 3-Dimensional)
- Ambulatory Blood Pressure Follow-Up
- Exercise ECG Test
- Tilt Test
- Nuclear Cardiologic Operations
- Pace Maker and Cardioverter Defibrator Follow-Up (ICD)
- Endothelial Function Tests
In addition to the diagnostic and preventive cardiology at Okan University Hospital; treatment and diagnosis services are provided for the diagnosis of coronary artery disease by an experienced team. The number of annual invasive operations of physicians working in the laboratory of our hospital is at the highest compentence level. Physicians providing service at the laboratory of our hospital applies treatment and diagnosis methods such as balloon angioplasty, stent implantation, laser angioplasty, atherectomy and rotablator for the treatment of coronary artery diseases.
Our Hospital also provides diagnosis and treatment services for valvular heart disorders, pulmonary artery diseases and congenital cardiac diseases. Our physicians, who apply cardiac catheterization operations, also perform treatments such as the baloon valvulapolasty of mitral and other valvular heart disorders. Patients with innate cardiac orifices are treated through new special devices without applying any operations.
For the treatment and diagnosis of rythm disorders, our center follows the latest medical innovations. Permanent pace-makers and cardioverter defibrillator (ICD) implantations are applied in our center. The mechanisms of arrhythmias are administered through electrophysiological studies and eliminated through a quite reliable method known as “ablation”.
Services provided at the Catheter Laboratory
- Coronary Angiography
- Primer PTCA
- Coronary Stenting
- Implantation Pace Makers with All Versions and ICD
- Mitral Balloon Valvuloplasty
- Electrophysiological Study
- Closure of Congenital Defects and Fistula Through Transcatheter
- Peripheral Artery PTA Op
At the Cardiovascular Surgery Department, cardiovascular diseases are treated surgically. At Okan University Cardiovascular Surgery Department, patients all of ages can be treated;
- Coronary bypass surgeries
- Bypass surgeries on functioning hearts
- Bypass, cardiac valve and ASD closure surgeries from tiny scars
- Cardiac valve repair surgeries (mitral, tricuspid and aortic valve repair)
- Cardiac valve replacement (MVR, AVR, TVR) surgeries
- Congenital cardiac diseases surgeries (ASD, VSD, TOF…)
- Thoracic and abdominal aortic aneurysm surgeries
- Closed aortic aneurysm surgeries (EVAR, TEVAR)
- Peirheral vascular surgeries
- Carotid surgeries
- Venous insufficiency and varicosis treatment (Laser, radiofrequency, sclerotherapy)
- Hemodialysis intentional AV-fisttula opening, permanent-temporary catheter attachment Hemodialysis oriented AV-fistula opening
- Attachment of permanent subclavian port in cancer patients
Operations are performed with a specialized physicians’ cadre and advanced technologic infrastructure. Our cardiovascular surgery team specialized especially in surgeries requiring special training such as mitral valve repair and cardiac surgeries from tiny scars apply such surgeries successfully. Our anesthesiology team specialized in its field and our intense care and service nurses provide services compliant with world standards.