Check-up implies evaluating health status/well being of healthy people and diagnosing diseases early based on health screening. Having a check-up also means the importance attached to the himself/herself and his/her health. Early diagnosis saves life in many diseases, especially in cancer. The early diagnosis of such diseases in a check-up increases the success rate of the treatments. Each healthy person should have a check-up once a year. In Okan University Hospital, your health check-up is planned by our physicians with special programs that are designed according to your age, gender, and profession. Prioritize yourself, have a check-up and get information about your health status.
Be sure about your health by having CHECK-UP once a year.
Get the opportunity of early diagnosis with check-up.
Minimize your risk of disease with personalized check-up programs of Okan University Hospital.
The approach of “preventive medicine” – a term that implies checking the health status before getting sick rather than visiting a hospital for treatment after emergence of a disease, determining the personal risks and taking relevant measures – is, recently, getting popular all around the world.
Check-up is the most important phase of this approach that enables the protection of the well-being. Check-up is important in the early diagnosis of diseases. Sharing one hour for your health once a year will ensure early diseases of diseases, determination of potential risks and ability to get detailed information about your health.
What is Check-Up?
Check-up implies evaluating health status/well being of healthy people and diagnosing an asymptomatic disease early based on health screening. It can be considered as “periodical health screening”, and having a check-up is an indication of importance attached to himself/herself and his/her health.
Why one should have Check-up?
You may think that visiting a hospital and having certain tests are unnecessary as long as you feel healthy. However, each person faces certain health-related risks. Many personal factors, ranging from your habits to familial predispositions (diabetes, heart disease, cancer or other certain diseases in one or more than family member) determine your health-related risks. At this point, Check-up plays a very important role in early diagnosis of diseases. All you need is to share one hour for Check-up once a year to be informed about your health and to avoid serious health problems in the future.
What is the frequency of check-up for certain populations?
It is recommended for all persons having no complaint and disease to undergo check-up or in other words, a general health control at least annually. The frequency may vary depending on the familial risk factors (cancer, coronary artery disease, etc.).
Issues that require attention before presenting for check-up appointment;
- Please bring previous tests and other studies with you.
- Wear casual dress and shoes for tests which will probably require physical activity at appointment day.
- Come to the appointment hungry for at least 10-12 hours. (You can drink water).
- For women; pay attention for not being in the period,
- You should not have been taking vitamin and mineral supplements, or you should notify the check-up team, if you take such supplements.
- Do not drink alcohol before the appointment day.
How is Check-up Performed?
- You should always remind that the success rate of a treatment is directly proportional to the extent the disease is diagnosed early.
- Check-up procedures include a series of health screening that includes drawing blood, urine and feces specimens in the morning following a certain period of fasting, various imaging studies, ECG, Chest –X-ray and sonography. Reports of all medical analyses are reviewed by a physician and the person is referred to relevant physician, if sign of a disease is noted.
- It refers the annual health screening at certain intervals that are determined according to the age and the sex. It is started at age of 20 for adults and the content is modified in every 1 to 2 years. It is very important to have check-up once a year after 40. Not same examinations are carried out in each check-up program. Basic examinations are repeated every year, while age-specific examinations are added. Age-specific examinations are usually repeated at 1- to 3-year intervals in healthy people.
- No check-up program can reveal out the risk of cancer or sudden death by 100 percent, but such risks can be estimated at high rates. Even if check-up shows normal findings in all parameters, there is still a risk of sudden death or cancer, albeit very rare. This fact should not abuse your trust to the check-up. The chance of determining the risk is proportional to the content of the check-up.